Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Powerbook broken - need gadget

I'm not happy - my new Powerbook's audio out (headphone) jack is only working on one channel. I asked various friends how long an average apple service would take, and they said 6-9 weeks. I just can't afford to be without the machine that long, so I'm buying one of these to get around the problem:
It's a Griffin iMic, which is actually a tiny sound card in a USB-powered enclosure, with 48k sampling, and it seems to get the audiophile's stamp of approval (can't find that article with all the spectrograph images)... Only $65 on some sites with $33 shipping and handling fees, or $75 with $5.96 Aus Post on others. Or $100 at your Apple dealer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Good heavens, you too Keith? Does anyone *not* use an apple notebook these days?

9:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home