Saturday, February 04, 2006

Gadget Woes Solved

I complained in a previous blog entry that my Powerbook's headphone jack was broken, and was only giving me sound out of one channel. Then I bought an iMic, and had stereo sound again.... but a week or two later when I wanted to play something back through the built-in speakers rather than the iMic, I went to the appropriate System menu, and found that there was a Balance slider associated with each sound device, which I'd never seen before, and definitely never set to play out of only the left speaker.... but that was how it was set, and sliding it back to the middle fixed my problem!!! The timing is right, as the expensive Sound Blaster Live! Platinum in my PC has just stopped working, so I can move the iMic there as a replacement sound card!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home