Monday, November 08, 2010

What's new in Paris

Well, the first time I came here was 19 years ago... time flies when you're having fun.

It seemed like an immutable characteristic of Paris that the footpaths were a great big dog toilet - which I was reminded of by Brett Whitely's 15 Great Dog Pisses of Paris in a gallery a few years later. It was more the turds that you had to aoid stepping in all the time that was the problem... Well - that's changed. I'm still seeing lots of dogs, but their owners must be picking up after them these days.

The other global trend that Paris has now fully adopted is a no smoking inside rule. On my last visit (2006) they were phasing it in with mandatory non-smoking sections in bars & restaurants.

Oh - and BTW, the food's still amazing, and the architecture still beautiful. Well, unless you go out the the Peripherique, where my conference is starting tomorrow. Compare and contrast.

My picture (Hôtel de Ville) above - Google Maps' (Gennevilliers RER) below.

|<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home